Cricket has always been a passion of mine, in particular the art of batting. More recently the way we improve and learn skills has really come to the forefront of my thinking.
My coaching runs parallel with my beliefs on how we learn skills. We weren’t born with a ‘off drive gene’ or a ‘leg glance gene’. Those who can execute these skills can because they do it often, and along the way they have been given expert tuition from a coach who can identify what is required in order to improve. And this is where I come in…..
My experience in cricket has given me a perceptive eye for detail and my psychological theories on learning allow me to convey my ideas in a clear and motivating way.
- I play cricket for Newport Fugitives Cricket Club. 1991-present day. Recently I scored my 10,000th 1st XI run.
- I opened the batting for Wales School Boys from U11-19
- Captaining Wales at U14/15/16
- I played for UWIC 1st XI 1998
- PE teacher 20 years
- ECB qualified level 3 coach
- Gwent Young Cricketers Coach
- South East Wales Junior coach
- Head of coaching at Newport Fugitives CC
What you can expect from a 1 hour session.
- First session allows for opportunity for a strengths and weakness analysis
- Instant video analysis
- Use of a bowling machine
- Throw downs
- Instant feedback
- Upload to a private YouTube feedback video
If you would like expert cricket coaching at an affordable price don’t hesitate in getting touch and I can arrange a time for the first session.
My email is RAjones100@gmail.com
- 1 on 1 £30/hour
- 2 on 1 £50/hour (£25.00 each/hour)
- Group session of 3 max 8 (£22.50 each/hour)